Thursday, April 26, 2012

Automotion Parking Review

Late, and adrift I turn down Baxter St. expecting to park illegally; and happily willing to accept a ticket (I don't have to pay for tickets). There is a sign... 'parking'. I turn in,. To my surprise, this parking garage isn't a garage.

It's an engineering masterpiece, and coincidentally the first like it in the city.

You pull into this 25 foot by 15 foot room, lock your car, take your keys, the attendant hands you a credit card, have a nice day. No paperwork, no hassle. It's a vending machine for your car.  It really is cool, I was like a kid in a candy store. Video monitors are present, if you prefer you can watch this Eco-friendly (no car fumes) marvel automatically park your car; or maybe like me, capture 15 seconds on your iPhone [via video-monitors], than bolt like (insert fast name).

If you really are interested, watch the link to the website. Currently the 3rd Automotion parking garage just opened servicing 55 luxury condominiums  at 148 E24 St., as well as transient traffic in the area.

123 Baxter St
(between Canal St & Hester St)
Manhattan, NY 10013
Neighborhoods: Little Italy, Chinatown

No comments:

Post a Comment